Sportmanship Cup - Coach Bulletin 1
December 3, 2013
We hope you have had a happy Thanksgiving
Please read all of the following information carefully. Beverly Hills teams should note that there are special instructions for you in a number of instances.
Here are key dates. More information is given below:
Teams Except Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills Teams
Payment due date(See below para 1)
We will debit your tournament account – make sure it has enough funds in it
Referee information (See below para 1)
Thursday December 12
Tuesday December 10
Roster submitted on-line (See below para 3)
Wednesday December 18
Your division director will do this but you must enter uniform numbers by Wednesday December 18
Roster signed by regional commissioner (See below para 3)
Received by us Tuesday December 17 at 5 pm
We will do this for you
Game schedules will be posted online on Sunday evening December 15
Referee schedules will be posted online approximately Wednesday December 18
Mark and Cindy Dubin, Tournament Directors
Michael Karlin, Webmaster/Scheduler AYSO
READ ON . . .
Please https://www.ayso76.net/inleague/cup/cup_login.cfm as soon as possible. Log in using the password you created when you signed up. You will then be able to submit your roster on-line (this is required) and you should also submit referee information if your team will be sending referees. You can also correct or supplement most items of information about your team.
Beverly Hills teams - you need to log in this way only to submit cup referee information. Otherwise, log in as a registered user in the usual way.
If you have already paid, many thanks! It can take us a few days to match up payments by check with our database of teams.
If you have not already paid, please do so as soon as possible. We must have a regional check for $700 (U14), $675 (U12) or $600 (U10). Make it payable to AYSO Region 76 and mail it to PO Box 1761, Beverly Hills, CA 90213. We begin scheduling on Saturday December 10 and if we don't have your regional check in our hands, your team will be waitlisted. If you need to make special late arrangements to get us a check, contact email@example.com.
Beverly Hills teams: Do not pay or submit check requests. We will debit your tournament team account. Please make sure that your parents have contributed enough funds to your team account.
2. REFEREE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
2.1 FOR TEAMS FROM ALL REGIONS (EXCEPT BEVERLY HILLS - Region 76, see below)
- Referee teams must be submitted online NO LATER than Thursday, December 12th. Online submissions are the ONLY manner in which referees can be submitted to the tournament. To guarantee a full referee refund, a team of 3 referees qualified to referee in your team’s age division must be submitted by this deadline. Log in through the team status page to submit your referees.
- To earn a full refund, a total of 9 assignments (3 referees for 3 games) is expected by each referee team. In some cases, tournament scheduling challenges result in a team being assigned fewer than 9 assignments. As long as a complete and qualified team is submitted online by the December126th deadline, your team will receive the full refund even if you are assigned fewer than 9 assignments…provided, of course, that you complete each of the assignments that are assigned to your referee team.
- Partial, prorated refunds will be provided for teams that have fewer than 3 referees. However, the referees still must be submitted online by the December 12th deadline to qualify for the proper prorated refunds.
- For referees that are submitted after the December 12th deadline, we will make every effort to assign your referee team to games. However, your refund will be prorated based on the number of assignments you receive, with NO GUARANTEE that you will receive any assignments at all. The only way to ensure a full refund is to submit a complete and qualified team by the December 12th deadline.
- Feel free to submit as many referees as you wish. We will allocate the 9 assignments required among all the referees submitted.
- YOUTH REFEREES ARE WELCOME AND WILL EARN FULL CREDIT. YOUTH REFEREES MUST, HOWEVER, EITHER (A) BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT MONITOR OR (B) BE PART OF A TEAM WITH ONE ADULT REFEREE (THE ADULT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CENTER REF).
- QUESTIONS ABOUT REFEREEING?: Send an email to our Cup Referee Scheduling Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL OTHER QUESTIONS: Send an email to email@example.com
2.2 REFEREES FOR TEAMS FROM BEVERLY HILLS - Region 76
Please SUBMIT YOUR REFEREE NAMES ON THE TEAM STATUS PAGE for ALL referees whose children are participating in the tournament. Please make sure to use the referee's email address on the form (not the coach's email address, for example). This must be done no later than TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10th. And if you have more than 3 referees, please submit ALL OF THEM. This will mean fewer assignments for each referee as we will allocate the teams assignments to the available list of referees for the team.
We do not require ID cards, birth certificates, photographs, etc. or even line-up cards.
3.1 ALL TEAMS (EXCEPT BEVERLY HILLS TEAMS)
You need to do BOTH of the following:
- Submit your roster online at the team status page
- Send us your roster signed by your regional commissioner
We need you to submit your roster online at the team status page because we print out line-up cards (you don't have to do this). The online roster must be submitted no later than Wednesday December 18. That way, we can print out line-up cards and get them to the fields on time.
We need you to send us a roster signed your regional commissioner – it’s an AYSO requirement. You can do this in any of the following ways:
- After completing your roster online, you can print it out.
- We will accept an eAYSO form.
- We will accept your own region's form if it has all the same data
Then get it signed by your regional commissioner and:
- Mail it to us at AYSO Region 76, PO Box 1761, Beverly Hills, CA 90213
- Scan the signed roster and send it as a pdf to Mark and Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t have access to a scanner, please fax the signed roster to Michael Karlin at 310-388-5537 but this is a last resort! - but we still need the basic player data to be submitted online.
- THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING THE SIGNED ROSTER IS 5 PM ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 17. Don’t take chances with the U.S. Mail close to the deadline – back it up with a scan and email.
If you have NOT provided us with a signed roster before 5 pm on December 17, then please bring a roster signed by your Regional Commissioner to you first game or to each game if you have players checking in after their first game (just like they bring originally signed medical releases) OR they won't be permitted to play
3.2 BEVERLY HILLS TEAMS
You do not have to submit your rosters online or print them out and get them signed. However, you must enter uniform numbers online using the uniform number assignment feature in Team Rosters & Admin. Make sure your division director assigns all your coaches and players to your Sportsmanship Cup team (not the same as the assignments for tournament and All Star teams.)
Our preferred method of communication is by e-mail. You must designate an e-mail contact who checks e-mail regularly in case there are any important announcements about the tournament as a whole or your team in particular. You can do this on your team's status page.
E-mail sent to email@example.com will end up in the hands of Cindy Dubin and Michael Karlin. One of us will get back to you. You can also call us but this generally will result in a delayed response.
5. NEWS AND THINGS TO DO
Please visit the main Sportsmanship Cup page at http://www.ayso76.org/cup/ for more information, including news, things to do, directions to fields and, in due course, game and referee schedules.
Mark and Cindy Dubin, Tournament Directors
Michael Karlin, Founder and Scheduler
Jeff Wolfe, Tournament Referee Administrator