Sportmanship Cup - Coach Bulletin 1
December 3, 2012
We hope you have had a happy Thanksgiving
This is the first of two bulletins for coaches about the Beverly Hills Sportsmanship Cup; another bulletin will be sent out around December 8 by email and posted here.
Please read all of the following information carefully. Beverly Hills teams should note that there are special instructions for you in a number of instances.
Here are key dates, more information is given below:
Payment due date: NOW! See below para 1
Referee information: Thursday December 6 – see below para 2
Roster submitted on-line: Saturday December 8 - see below para 3
Roster signed by regional commissioner : Received by us Monday December 11- see below para 3
Schedules will be posted on-line on Sunday evening December 11
Mark and Cindy Dubin, Tournament Directors
Michael Karlin, Webmaster/Scheduler AYSO
Region 76 voicemail 310-854-0897 ext. 4 (please note, you will always get a faster response by emailing us)
READ ON . . .
Please https://www.ayso76.net/inleague/cup/cup_login.cfm as soon as possible. Log in using the password you created when you signed up. You will then be able to submit your roster on-line (this is required) and you should also submit referee information if your team will be sending referees. You can also correct or supplement most items of information about your team.
Beverly Hills teams - you need to log in this way only to submit cup referee information. Otherwise, log in as a registered user in the usual way.
If you have already paid, many thanks! It can take us a few days to match up payments by check with our database of teams.
If you have not already paid, please do so as soon as possible. We must have a regional check for $700 (U14), $675 (U12) or $600 (U10). Make it payable to AYSO Region 76 and mail it to PO Box 1761, Beverly Hills, CA 90213. We begin scheduling on Saturday December 8 and if we don't have your regional check in our hands, your team will be waitlisted. If you need to make special late arrangements to get us a check, contact email@example.com.
Beverly Hills teams - do not pay. We will debit your tournament team account.
2. REFEREE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
TEAMS FROM ALL REGIONS EXCEPT BEVERLY HILLS
- Referee teams must be submitted online NO LATER than Thursday, December 6th. Online submissions are the ONLY manner in which referees can be submitted to the tournament. To guarantee a full referee refund, a team of 3 referees qualified to referee in your team’s age division must be submitted by this deadline. Log in through the team status page to submit your referees.
- To earn a full refund, a total of 9 assignments (3 referees for 3 games) is expected by each referee team. In some cases, tournament scheduling challenges result in a team being assigned fewer than 9 assignments. As long as a complete and qualified team is submitted online by the December 6th deadline, your team will receive the full refund even if you are assigned fewer than 9 assignments…provided, of course, that you complete each of the assignments that are assigned to your referee team.
- Partial, prorated refunds will be provided for teams that have fewer than 3 referees. However, the referees still must be submitted online by the December 6th deadline to qualify for the proper prorated refunds.
- For referees that are submitted after the December 6th deadline, we will make every effort to assign your referee team to games. However, your refund will be prorated based on the number of assignments you receive, with NO GUARANTEE that you will receive any assignments at all. The only way to ensure a full refund is to submit a complete and qualified team by the December 6th deadline.
- Feel free to submit as many referees as you wish. We will allocate the 9 assignments required among all the referees submitted.
- JUNIOR REFEREES ARE WELCOME AND WILL GET YOUR TEAM FULL CREDIT. JUNIOR REFEREES MUST, HOWEVER, EITHER (A) BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT MONITOR OR (B) BE PART OF A TEAM WITH ONE ADULT REFEREE (THE ADULT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CENTER REF).
- QUESTIONS ABOUT REFEREEING?: Send an email to Jeff Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL OTHER QUESTIONS: Send an email to email@example.com
TEAMS FROM BEVERLY HILLS
Please SUBMIT YOUR REFEREE NAMES ON THE TEAM STATUS PAGEforALL referees whose children are participating in the tournament. Please make sure to use the referee's email address on the form (not the coach's email address, for example). This must be done no later than Wednesday, December 5th. And if you have more than 3 referees, please submit ALL OF THEM. This will mean fewer assignments for each referee as we will allocate the teams assignments to the available list of referees for the team.
REFEREE SCHEDULING PROCEDURES FOR SPORTSMANSHIP CUP TEAMS FROM BEVERLY HILLS:
- The referee schedules will be posted online approximately 3 days after the games schedules are posted...hopefully by Wednesday, Dec 12th. Emails will also be sent to each referee confirming the assignment.
- Each referee may be asked to do up to 4 assignments over the course of the weekend. Typically, the majority of Region 76 referees are assigned fewer than 4, but in some cases 4 will be required.
- Each referee may be asked to miss all or part of one (but not more than one) game involving their child. Obviously, we will minimize this to the extent possible but the logistics of this tournament due to the distance between the fields will make this a requirement in some cases. For those families that have a child participating on more than one team, this requirement will be even more relevant since scheduling around 2 different teams is almost impossible.
- While assignments are given to individual referees in our system, each assignment is still the responsibility of the team. Therefore, if any referees on your team cancel one or more of their assignments, you (as the coach) will be responsible for finding another referee from your team to fill that spot. Please make sure your referees know this. We have had serious issues in the past with Region 76 referees simply refusing to do their referee assignments since as the hosts, we do not charge a referee deposit for our own teams. If they understand that the team will still need to fill the spot, the probability of a cancellation will be greatly reduced.
We do not require ID cards, birth certificates, photographs, etc.
We do require that you submit your roster on-line at the team status page. We need your roster online because we print out line-up cards (you don't have to do this). Beverly Hills teams - You do not have to submit your rosters. Make sure your division director assigns all your coaches and players to your Sportsmanship Cup team (not the same as the assignments for tournament and All Star teams.)
After completing your roster, all teams (including Beverly Hills teams) need to print out the roster and have it signed by your regional commissioner. Then mail it to us at AYSO Region 76, PO Box 1761, Beverly Hills, CA 90213 or fax it to Michael Sun at 310-581-3989 (or better yet, scan the signed roster and send it as a pdf to Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org). We will accept an eAYSO form (or your own region's form if it has all the same data) - but we still need the basic player data to have been submitted online.
Our preferred method of communication is by email. You must designate an e-mail contact who checks e-mail regularly in case there are any important announcements about the tournament as a whole or your team in particular. You can do this on your team's status page.
Email sent to email@example.com will end up in the hands of Cindy and Mark Dubin as well as Michael Karlin. One of us will get back to you. You can also call us but this generally will result in a delayed response. Email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org goes to Jeff Wolfe, our cur referee coordinator.
5. News and Things to Do
Please visit the main Sportsmanship Cup page at http://www.ayso76.org/cup/ for more information, including news, things to do, a word about our sponsors, directions to fields and, in due course, game and referee schedules.
Cindy and Michael